Thursday, May 04, 2006

Wil Wheaton in exile

Just tonight, I was talking with Peter about Star Trek: TNG and about the strength of the ensemble cast including Wil Wheaton. Then tonight, as I'm perusing popular blogs (research for work), whose candid and surprisingly human blog should make the top 100 list?

That's right --
Wil Wheaton. (Yes, it’s really him. He posts almost every day.)

See his original blog, which is currently under renovation:
www.wilwheaton.net See his not-so-temporary back up blog, updated frequently while WWdN undergoes redesign and renovation. wilwheaton.typepad.com

If you weren’t quite sure just how dorky he was...(And yet, I sort of love him for it.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“...So, if this is really your first time here, you are in for a surprise! I can promise you that I'm not what you expected. By reading this website, you will get to know the real me, not the space-suited, enterprising young ensign, or the sweet, vulnerable little dead body seeker.

"I'm thirty years old. Although I don't always take myself seriously (if I did, I would be in an urn next to River Phoenix by now . . . those people who are the real life inspiration for The Comic Book Guy have been giving me shit for decades), I am politically active and aware. I passionately believe in progressive causes, freedom from religion and government intrusion, and the right to privacy -- on line and in your home.

"If you've come here looking for a washed-up, former child actor, I guess you could find that. But if you're willing to look beyond the surface, and challenge your preconceptions, you will get to know me for who I am now: a very happy husband, step-father, and writer. So now that you've been properly warned, you may enter, and experience the lameness that is WIL WHEATON DOT NET.”

(Note: excerpt is imperfectly quoted from the intro to wilwheaton.net, which is undergoing renovation. Current postings can be found here.)
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this guy great because he's hot, or because he's from TNG or for some other reason that is not readily apparent to a non-cradle-robbing gay non-trekkie?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home